Getting to Know Ed Schmidt!!

Greetings! The Gattermeir Davidson Real Estate Team is excited to introduce the first post in an all-new series of blogs: getting to know the Gattermeir Davidson Team! We're going to kick this series off with the one and only Ed Schmidt, Owner and Salesperson of the best real estate company at the Lake of the Ozarks. Ed is a passionate and hard-working individual dedicated to improving the lives of those around him. He is excited to get to know you better!

How long have you lived at the Lake of the Ozarks?
Since June of 1996. I moved here from St. Louis County and started teaching for the first few years. I went into radio sales and broadcasting in 1999, then started a Marketing/Advertising company in 2005 called Schmidt & Associates, LLC Marketing Firm. I partnered with Ryan Gattermeir and Conda Davidson to start Gattermeir Davidson Real Estate in the summer of 2008.

Where did you attend college? Were you a member of a fraternity?
I went to Chaminade College Prep school in St. Louis and ended up graduating from the University of Missouri St Louis with a Business Administration/Marketing degree. No frat for me. I moved to the Lake after graduating.

How did you get involved in the real estate industry?
Ryan Gattermeir, Conda Davidson, and I partnered together before I was a licensed Realtor. We started Gattermeir Davidson so we could blend two of the top brokers at the Lake with a full service marketing firm. What a dynamic partnership! 

Real estate was a natural fit for me. Property exchanges are some of the most stressful transactions people will go through in their lives, and I love helping others. Handling the pressure of your friends/clients and fulfilling their dreams of buying or selling is very rewarding.

What is your position at Gattermeir Davidson? What is your favorite part about your job?
To get all technical, I am Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), but I am also a Broker-Salesperson. I work with our agents, staff, and the day-to-day operations of the real estate company. I love to see others succeed and grow, from my friends and family to all Realtors and home owners. Watching others' joy brings me peace and confidence that I'm doing things the right way - in other words, "Lake Life by the Golden Rule"! It's more than just a saying; it's the way I try to live my life.

Who is your family? Do you have any pets?
My family is huge and I feel very lucky to have such great people in my life. I have a few families, because really, everyone becomes family once you get to know them. 

My immediate family is my wife, Candi, three beautiful daughters, Mercedes, Chloe, Jillian, and of course our little girl Reeces (our dog). My wife's family is in Springfield and all of my family live in St. Louis. 

Then I have my Lake family, which is all of my great friends that I work with and all the people I have gotten to know over the past 18 years that I've lived here at the Lake!

What is something very few people know about you?
As I try to become a spiritual person, I practice hard to be more understanding and loving. I like to apply this approach in business, my personal life, and my daily routine. It's like practicing meditation with your eyes wide open, and I find nothing more challenging. But even through all my daily failures, I can still find the bright spots that make it all worthwhile.

What is your favorite movie?
Hard one to answer! I like all the comic book movies. They remind me of my youth and trying to be something better than human. They also bring out the hero in all of us - and who doesn't like to be a hero? I also truly enjoy funny movies; a good laugh can cure all! If I had to pick a favorite, I would have to say Tommy Boy and Lord of the Rings. Lord of the Rings was visually incredible and matched the books more closely than any other movies I've seen.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Preferably nothing but hanging out with friends and family! Of course, we all do that every day, anyway. I like sports, but I'm too old to play. I like going out, but it's always too late at night. I like eating, but I have to eat salads because I'm way too heavy. Honestly, I try to enjoy anything that comes before me. I usually don't really know what spare time is... but when I do, I waste it watching Real Housewives!

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Yes, I wanted to be Spiderman or Superman. I really wanted to be a highway patrol man on CHIPS. I felt like I was being groomed by my parents to be a Catholic Priest - boy, was that a crazy idea! 

I never knew that I would become the man I am today. All the good and the bad that I have done and gone through... I wouldn't change a thing. They all work together to make me a better person!

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
To heal others in all three aspects: physically, mentally, and spiritually.

NOW is the perfect time to buy a Lake of the Ozarks condo or home. For real estate at Lake of the Ozarks, contact the Gattermeir Davidson team. We feature lakefront homes, condos, lake lots, and commercial real estate at Lake of the Ozarks. For more information on our properties in the Lake of the Ozarks area stop by our office near Bagnell Dam in Lake Ozark or call us toll free 877-870-5253.

Stay connected with Gattermeir Davidson Real Estate, LLC

2011 REALTOR Salesperson of the Year
Missouri Association of Realtors

Gattermeir Davidson Real Estate, LLC
752 Bagnell Dam Blvd., Suite A
Lake Ozark, MO 65049

Office | 573.365.1555
Fax | 573.365.1766
Mobile | 573.746.0133


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Home Buying Mistakes To Avoid

Lake of the Ozarks offers a Great Shopping Experience!!

Ozarks Amphitheater GRAND OPENING